Financial advancements Since I last wrote, the bugbear of my uni life thus far (being unable to access my student loan and grant due to the ineptitude of a certain financial establishment) has been thwarted, thanks to a lovely man at the helpdesk who actually knew what he was doing. With my debit card now fully operational, I don't know how I still have money, but there we are!
Luxuries I can't afford Among the marvels I have purchased/experienced in the last week are the two aforementioned cinema trips (The I ♥ Revolution and Back To The Future, which I had forgotten how much I love), a pretty new audio/MIDI box for my computer, a night out with Jo Whiley (photos on Facey), another enormous poster of New York (Times Square this time) which I don't have space for so will be sending home with Mum when she visits in a week or so, a couple of CD's and DVD's, and today . . .
. . . a lovely day spent with my favourite niece and nephew Not that I show favouritism, of course. But they are two of the coolest people you'll ever hang out with. Bry is 14 now, it scares me. Anyway, after a pleasant lie-in post-Jo Whiley and a trip to the opticians (more later), I met with Harry and Bryony at Guildford station, and we walked back to campus where we visited PizzaMan and got a distinctly average but satisfying XL Hawaiian pizza for £8 - win! We ate it back at the flat, where I intended on introducing them to the gang, but literally no-one was there. Following that, we took the bus from Guildford out to the Spectrum and watched the Flames destroy the Telford Tigers 8-3. We have decided to make this a regular thing, even though it was cold.
Ophthalmologists is a very long word And, I suspect, a very lucrative business to be in. My eye test was booked at 11.30. By 13.30, two hours and £170 later, I am now in possession of my very first pair of glasses. The experience of putting on glasses for the first time can only be compared (in my mind) to that of watching a slightly old VHS of a film, and then switching it to Blu-ray. Everything seems a bit too real, it's quite freaky. Philosophical outlook on spectacles aside, I'm glad I can see again; let's hope the headaches dissipate as well.
Enough banter. Night night!
J-Wow
No comments:
Post a Comment