Sunday, 26 September 2010

The first 24 hours (or thereabouts)

Prologue This is my second attempt at this entry, as my computer crashed halfway through the previous attempt. I think it's something to do with my monitor, because it's only ever happened when I have that plugged in. AppleCare will be receiving a call at some point.

To Business I arrived safe and sound at about lunchtime yesterday, thanks to Clive and Kim, and apart from briefly saying hello to some flatmates, I spent most of the next five or six hours in my room unpacking and sorting out my computer etc. The good news is that all my boxes are flat underneath my bed, and my room is looking very homely. Come visit, one and all!

Come the Eve We all (well, about eight of the eleven who had arrived of the fourteen) met up in the kitchen for meet-and-greet and drinks. The kitchen is really big, which is great for social purposes, although considering 14 people are supposed to cook in it, maybe it's not that big. I think we've all bonded fairly quickly and I'm happy to say that there isn't anyone I've taken a disliking to (which is a prayer answered). All of us appear to have taken gap years (bar those from overseas) and there are five of us from the Performing Arts faculty - three Tonmeisters (myself included) and two girls doing Theatre Studies.

The Influx A group of other folks from the floor above came down to introduce themselves at about 10, and as far as I could hear from my room didn't leave until gone 3 (which is one of the rules we were given prior to arrival down the drain already). On the whole, however, it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Epilogue I will try my best to make these entries shorter; this one is far too long. I'm just excited, it's verbal diarrhoea if anything.

God bless you all
J.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment