Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Midweek

Illustrations I hope by now that if you're into this blog in any way, you'll also have seen some of the photos on Facey B. Amongst them are Dick and Dom's Dunk Tank (which only involved Dom, as Dick was allegedly ill - this led to many many inappropriate jokes) and Chase & Status on Monday night.

Being told what to do The only lectures this week (what with it being 'Welcome Week') have been introductions to university life, the Performing Arts faculty, the Music and Sound Recording department, and the Tonmeister Course itself. Some of the lectures have been a little dull, but not so much that I regret going, and the majority have been helpful to the max. I've also got my timetable, and it's really rather good. Just have to make some module option decisions soon.

The Works The building site directly outside my window is a source of great frustration for all of our flat. We've heard that the next block have been given a £4-per-week discount, yet the invoices we received yesterday don't give us the privilege, despite being considerably closer to the building site. George sent them an email last night, so we're awaiting a response to that.

Free Lunches The CU hosted a free lunch yesterday, which was really nice. I met a few new people and re-met a fellow Tonnie named Tim (I think). There's another free lunch tomorrow, and I've procured a ticket valid for free burgers every Sunday in October at St Saviours. Mint.

Spoons Last night we opted for an earlier evening, and went to Wetherspoon's in Guildford. Thanks to some vouchers that got strewn around the flat on Sunday, I got steak, chips, a salad and pint for a mere £5. I also met an American guy called Sam and a girl from Eastleigh who went to Barton Peveril, both of whom live in the next building - small world. I would've made my second trip into Guildford today had it not been raining, but I have made the next step towards my bank account working so that's good.

Signing off Once again I have managed to go on for far too long, so I'll leave you to get back to your lives. Many thanks for your thoughts, words and prayers.

God bless
J.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment