Non-eventful week Last week saw nothing out of the ordinary, really. I did have my eyes re-tested, and my prescription is now perfect. I need to go into town to collect my second pair of glasses soon, but that's not too urgent so all is good. On Friday night, straight after Audio Eng, I assisted Liam in Studio 3 with some voice-over recording for his radio advert assignment. Studio 3 is the only studio with 5.1 surround capabilities, and we spent a long time trying to get that working before giving up and vowing to give it another go sometime.
House Party that was neither a party, nor in a house I'm still not 100% sure about why the CU Weekend Away is given the title 'house party'. Ours was held in the church building, and extensions to it, of Cranleigh Baptist Church. Despite not being a party, the weekend was undeniably good fun. I totalled about 7 hours of sleep in amongst the bedlam, which I caught up on last night after the Grand Prix and slept a little over 12 hours. There was a drum kit which I spent hours behind, in a much-needed relapse from the withdrawal I've been experiencing since I got here (I won't go into it now, but suffice to say I'm not allowed to play the practice room drum kit at uni). Two other guys and me are going to have a jam at some point as well, see if we can get a little band together. Should be cool.
52 discs a year I have made a (possibly quite foolish) decision to buy a CD a week. Providing that money continues not to be a problem, I can see no reason for this to go wrong. It will keep me listening to new music, and at the same time restrict my extra buying (after a few weeks ago where I bought far too much and had to go cold turkey on any non-essentials for a fortnight). So that's the plan. I'll tell you what I've bought and what they're like when they arrive (probably on my other blog though, as it's not really uni-related)
I must now plough on with Audio Signal Processing and Harmony coursework, so that's all from me. God bless, much love
~J.R.
No comments:
Post a Comment