Hectic deadline insanity Between this Friday just gone and this coming Wednesday, there are/were three pieces of coursework due in and an exam on Friday morning (just to rub salt in the wounds). One of the pieces of coursework was a concert a review of the University Big Band on Friday night. My good friend Connie visited from home and she, George and I went to the concert then stayed up in the kitchen with a few drinks and a good bit of chatting.
Hurrah! for Apple Steve Jobs and Co finally worked out a software patch to fix the problem with 13" MacBook Pros crashing when an external monitor was connected, so I am now running dual monitors in my room. Which is awesome. Like . . . totally awesome.
The Sunday CD Project Previously referred to as 52 Discs Per Year, the Sunday CD Project is well under way. It is so named because I buy one CD a week, on Sunday, and nuances with the University's postal system mean that packages dispatched on Monday arrive at Reception on Friday, in time for the weekend, when I can listen and review them on my other blog (see sidebar). This is the last I'll say about all that here now though.
The next Matt Redman only talentless This week's CU on Thursday will see me leading worship for the first time. I've got some good musicians backing me up so that'll help, but I'd really value your prayers for that as it's a rather daunting prospect doing something that I've normally hidden from behind my drum kit.
That's about all for this issue, I think. God bless you all,
~Julez
No comments:
Post a Comment